Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween Countdown Report 3

Halloween is just around the corner. No pressure. Our costume planning is still in the works. I think I've about given up hope of ever surpassing our costumes from Halloween's of years past. 

In the words of Peter Pan, "Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again." That sounds pretty good right about now.

Halloween 2007
On the other hand, my "grown up" perspective allows me to truly appreciate the joy and wonder in the eyes of my children.
The Halloween decorations are coming along. Dale is usually adding and enhancing all the props right up until Halloween itself, so if you choose to drive by for a look or a walk through our yard, you may want to wait another week. Or you can do as some Halloween fans do, and just swing by daily to see what's changed. We're getting to the point where many of the details can't be captured by a wide shot, so I've included a bunch of close-ups here. Click on each photo for a full size view.


It's quite the honor to get your family name on a tombstone in this graveyard









Days Until Halloween: 17

7 comments:

  1. I am completely enthralled by your total commitment to fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks Awesome! I want to come see it in person. Halloween is my favorite holiday. People who get into Halloween like Dale does are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'Unknown' user above is me...L. Jay Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jay! Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since we cleaned the BYU Bookstore together. :) Good to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your blog very much and Your article give me a big view.it is excellent. i am a newer of blogspot.welcome to

    my blog ,my blog is about hid conversion kit, here has a lot of the

    article is about carhid kits, motorcycle lamps, and the light of the knowledge of the installation, maintenance,

    hope we can communicate on blogger, and become good friends .welcome to my blog .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unbelievably cool. One day, when I get a big house and have a dog family, this is the kind of theatre I will commit to! I always feel so deprived of Halloween, without kids, living in an apartment complex, where no one ever comes around. If you lived anywhere near Toronto I would hang around just to watch the faces on the kids when they came through -- and take any jobs you happened to throw at me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great! The Headless Horseman on the real horse was AMAZING! great job this year... as always, we loved it!

    ReplyDelete