Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 71 - The Court Jester

"So they sent for a witch with a terrible twitch to ask how my future impressed her. She took one look at me... and cried, "He, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, *HE*! What else could he be but a jester?" A jester? A jester? A funny idea, a jester. No butcher, no baker, no candlestick maker, and me with the look of a fine undertaker impressed her as a jester? But where was I to learn any comical turn? It was not in a book on a shelf. No teacher to take me, to mold me and make me a merryman, fool or an elf.
But I'm proud to recall that in no time at all, with no other recourses but my own resources, with firm application and determination... I made a fool of myself!"


-Hubert Hawkins (Danny Kaye) in The Court Jester




4 comments:

  1. I love that movie! Read about your blog in the Desert News this morning and have just enjoyed looking over all these pictures. I'm so glad you could do something so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FFFF, THE COURT JESTER. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My six and four year old love this movie and act it out all the time!! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle! Thank you for honoring such a fantastic film!!

    ReplyDelete